The LGBT Community Center
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center (The Center) located in New York City has a robust Community Services Department that serves more than 7,000 LGBT adults, youth and families annually via direct service programs, trainings and community outreach. This service continuum includes drop-in screenings and referrals; individual and couples counseling; support groups; smoking cessation; immigration support; HIV testing and linkage to care; cancer support services for women; a substance abuse outpatient treatment program; family coaching; reproductive health seminars for prospective LGBT families; and programming for youth.
What They Needed
The Community Services Department was in need of a database system that could handle the following:
- Accurately track all clients who are engaged in programming.
- Collect key data such as demographic information (i.e., race, ethnicity, country of origin age, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, etc.).
- Document mental health /substance abuse concerns and HIV status/important risk factors.
- And accurately measure client outcomes to better evaluate all Center programming.
How They Use Collaborate
We introduced and implemented our specialized case management product, Collaborate, within their Community Services Department in November 2013. We worked with The Center to customize modules within Collaborate:
- Standardization of all social service program intake/data collection tools
- Data collection mechanisms that allows them to digitize their assessment tools to screen for program eligibility
- Creation of forms that allows them to document information that is specific to the LGBT community.
- Sophisticated reports and integrations, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Private health insurance (UB-04)
Future goals include the creation of custom reporting that would allow them to track clients that receive services in more than one program over time; track client trends including access to preventative/ primary healthcare services and related health outcomes; and become a “data-driven” organization that allows us to utilize a thorough data set to make organizational decisions.
What They Said About Us
Your Cases, Your Clients, Your Workflow
Collaborate is customizable case management software for non-profits and social services agencies.
- Track Case information, from Intake, providing Services, setting Goals, to recording Outcomes.
- Efficiently access Case history, medical exams, test results, custom Reports, and more.
- Tap a single, secure, HIPAA-compliant, easy-to-use, web-based platform for all your Case management needs.
Benefits of Using Collaborate
Cut out the Paper
Let Collaborate do the heavy lifting. Collaborate adjusts to your workflow and processes, not the other way around.
“Prior to Collaborate, we were using paper charts…”
See what The Spot has to say about Collaborate vs. Paper.
- Use your existing forms, electronically
- No more boxes of folders, no more spreadsheets
- Clients can sign documents using smartphones, tablets, or computers
- Save everything in one place
Don’t mess with a good thing - keep your workflows where they work, use our templates where they can be improved upon.
“…it’s like partnering with architects, engineers, and systems designers!”
See how we went above and beyond with Casa de Salud’s customizations.
- We’ll customize and configure Collaborate for you, good to go at launch
- Afterward, as requirements change, make configuration changes on your own
- Grant requirements change frequently, so can Collaborate’s reports
- Our expert software developers can accommodate your specialized requirements
Fast and Secure
Directly on the Internet backbone, and actively monitored for security, so you’re safe and sound.
Assist America uses Collaborate’s admin capabilities to configure who can access Collaborate from where, and even automatically lock accounts if something suspicious is happening.
- High-grade encryption
- Users can be granted access to what they need, only
- Stable and scalable platform
- Hourly backups means disaster avoidance
- HIPAA compliant
Hosted and maintained by us, for you.
Children’s Advocacy Centers of Georgia and SCCADVASA both make use of Collaborate’s cloud-based nature to allow users spread across a large area to access their database securely, using a web browser. Assist America does it worldwide.
- No need for additional systems or network administrators
- No software to install
- Lightning fast, with as much bandwidth, processing power, and storage as you need
- Access from anywhere, any time
Easy to Use and Understand
Developed and constantly improved upon, since 1998, we take our clients feedback seriously. Easy to use, even for the most technology-averse.
Our userbase is diverse, but most are not organizations that traditionally rely heavily on technology. Take a look at how some of our features work, simple and straightforward.
- Intuitively designed interface
- Simple to navigate
- Dedicated support staff to assist
- Online support & issue reporting
Substantial Cost Savings
Software is a tool to help you perform better, with less effort. Let it handle the grunt work and tedium, allowing you to focus on your real goals.
“…making for a highly efficient client experience and delivery of services…”
See how Collaborate streamlined The Center’s processes and reduced overhead.
- Significant reduction in organization communication overhead
- No annual or "per seat" license fees
- Increased productivity and lower administrative costs
- Reports that used to take weeks now take seconds!